Dar es Salaam, the largest city in Tanzania, is a vibrant and bustling metropolis with a rich culture and history. Here are the top 10 things to do in Dar es Salaam:
- Visit the National Museum of Tanzania: This museum has a wide range of exhibits on the history, culture, and natural history of Tanzania, including the world-renowned collection of fossils from Olduvai Gorge.
- Visit the Fish Market: The central market of Dar es Salaam is a great place to find traditional Tanzanian crafts, textiles, and food, with a large variety of fresh fish and seafood.
- Visit the Kariakoo Market: This is the largest market in Dar es Salaam and is a great place to find traditional Tanzanian crafts, textiles, and food.
- Take a walk along the Slipway Arts and Crafts Centre: This is a great place to find traditional Tanzanian crafts and souvenirs.
- Visit the Botanical Gardens: The botanical gardens of Dar es Salaam offers a great opportunity to see a wide variety of tropical plants and flowers
- Visit the Mwenge Woodcarvers Market: This market is known for its traditional Tanzanian woodcarvings and is a great place to find unique souvenirs.
- Visit the Askari Monument: This monument is a tribute to the soldiers who fought in the East African Campaign during World War I.
- Visit the National Stadium: This stadium is home to the Tanzanian national football team and is a great place to catch a game.
- Visit the Mlimani City Shopping Mall: This modern shopping mall offers a variety of shops, restaurants and cinemas, also a good place to relax.
- Watch my Dar Es Salam videos on YouTube
These are just a few examples of things to do in Dar es Salaam, there are many other places to explore and activities to enjoy in the city.